Offline printing

You can discuss various control electronics here. RAMPs, Arduinos, Motor Controller boards & etc...
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
pouryatorabi
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Offline printing

Postby pouryatorabi » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:38 am

Hi everyone.
I was really interested in make my printer to work offline. But i'm really noob in electronics. As I know you can do it with boards like raspberry pi. Is it really that hard to do so? I've seen many printers that use a raspberry pi and a small TFT screen that does everything.
I've also heard about a board named cubieboard. Does it work the same as the raspberry pi?

Xoxu

Re: Offline printing

Postby Xoxu » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:27 am

Search in this forum for the raspi host, it's what you need

dangre

Postby dangre » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:05 pm

The host computer doesn't need much horsepower for the arduino communication with CW but it does need some graphic power to create/load/display the images. I was going down the RPi route but decided on just using a mini pc tablet which works great with CW:
http://tinyurl.com/pmtf2dn
Dan - mUVe 1 DLP

pouryatorabi

Postby pouryatorabi » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:59 pm

You mean you weren't able to use Raspberry pi or you mean a tablet is easier?
And can you tell me more details of how you use the tablet?

pouryatorabi

Postby pouryatorabi » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:27 pm

I'm a little confused. If I use the raspberry pi do I also need an arduino to run the motors or the raspberry pi is enough.

dangre

Postby dangre » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:21 am

You will have to ask the guys who are working on the RPi interface but my understanding was you would still need an Arduino. The reason I went with the windows tablet was I needed a laptop replacement and it fit the bill perfectly. The price was a bit more than a RPi, touchscreen, and touchscreen interface. But it is a windows pc so no special 'tweaking'. I know everyone tries to do DIY (it is the BYOSLA forum) but I say save your time and frustrations and buy a ramps kit (<$50) with stepper motors (<$15ea) online, use a laptop or one of these windows tablets (everyone makes one now). The big item is the projector, hack an 'iffy' projector or buy a projector you don't have to modify for a bit more $. Plus you will have a stand-alone pc you can use for everyday use. Personally, I would go with the WinBook TW100 10.1, I am using the 8" version and I find it too small for everyday use.
Dan - mUVe 1 DLP