MakeSolid V2 Resin problems after an hour.

Forum dedicated to discussion and technical support centered around the LittleRP affordable, open source 3D resin printer.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
james_lan
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

MakeSolid V2 Resin problems after an hour.

Postby james_lan » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:26 am

I got some MakeSolid v2 resin (Black and Red)

I started with the black, but discovered after about an hour, there would be a film develop that, similarly to over exposed Makerjuice G+ would cover the bottom of the dish. Thought it was problems with just the black. The red however does the same thing. Sort of if you had a partial white screen. It always seems to happen about an hour into the print. If I use a tall print, I have to use very high layer heights, but a small one with very low (15 microns) works. I could easily get 15 microns with settings using the MS Red that came with the printer.

Somewhat frustrating, does anyone have any ideas on how to deal with this (aside from the obvious of only printing for less than an hour)?

hp_

Re: MakeSolid V2 Resin problems after an hour.

Postby hp_ » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:33 am

Hi James,

what i've done with my projector is reduce intensity during layers.

this reduces the energy output on the resin, and should reduce this film issue you have on the bottom.

cheers,
hp

goopyplastic

Re: MakeSolid V2 Resin problems after an hour.

Postby goopyplastic » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:52 pm

The V2 resin unfortunately is not the best with DLP printers and seems to have been geared towards being Form1 / PDMS friendly at the expense of DLP performance. MakeSolid does sell LittleRP Deep Rep V1 resin on the website.

If the exposure times are quite short you could try reducing the brightness on the projector from 50 to 25 which will halve the UV intensity. Similarly you could place a colored filter in the shutter holder slot.

If you live outside the US and are looking for a source of resin as distributors likely don't have the LittleRP dark red, the Vorex Orange prints quite well.