Getting prints to stick to build plate

Here's the place to post pics / video and discussions regarding hardware you've built or are in the process of building.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
kakapoopie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Getting prints to stick to build plate

Postby kakapoopie » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:34 pm

Hi all, I'm having trouble getting large surface area prints to adhere to the build plate. (peeling up around the corners) Thinking of sanding down my steel build plate to get better grip. Anyone have suggestions on how to get good ahesion?

Best,
Vaughan

Xoxu

Re: Getting prints to stick to build plate

Postby Xoxu » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:44 am

Hi

I have see this guy have make many test on his website so maybe you can found your happiness ;)

Taher1360

Postby Taher1360 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:43 pm

Hi Man

This problem can be caused by low ratio adherence between the build plate and the VAT.
for best printing this ratio will be more than 100.So you should use a metal with high adherence like Aluminum with a good polish surface as a build plate and use Teflon VAT like with super low adherence.

kakapoopie

Postby kakapoopie » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:23 pm

kakapoopie

Postby kakapoopie » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:24 pm

Taher1360

Postby Taher1360 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:15 pm

newraper1963

Postby newraper1963 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:26 am

Vaughan, my printer is basically the same as yours. I use a piece of plain stock aluminum 1/8th inch thick. 1/8th inch holes were drilled 1/4 inch on center. This left me with 1/8th inch spacing between holes. I have used Fun To Do IB and CB successfully for months.