weird surface finish - flakes every where

Let's see some prints you've made with some of your hardware.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
claudio.reyes
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

weird surface finish - flakes every where

Postby claudio.reyes » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:34 pm

I’m having troubles with flakes appearing after few layers on my prints.
On first place I thougt was a optical problem so I perfectly cleaned the galvo mirros and the 45° one.
Recalibrated galvos and laser (build extends, laser extends and dot layout).
Tested again with same results.
An odd fact is that the firsts layer comes very fine.

All resins used for the test were from new bottles and well mixed before print.
The printer was turned off for about 1.5-2 months.
When opened retina software I performed the last upgrade. Also I noticed that there is a galvo test, how this test should be performed?
Attached is a pdf with example images.
Any help or work around will be appreciated I have a print order that I need to deliver ASAP.
20151005_154758 (Medium).jpg
Attachments
Weird Surface quality.pdf
(947.76 KiB) Downloaded 1100 times

sodium

Re: weird surface finish - flakes every where

Postby sodium » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:24 pm

i think you must ask directly in fsl3d forum they will help you better.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/fsl3d

claudio.reyes

Postby claudio.reyes » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:25 pm

i already do that, no answer soo far, thanks dude

crusoe

Postby crusoe » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:31 pm

Perhaps you are retracting too far or not square so some parts of a layer don't stick leading to flakes.

James

Postby James » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:56 am

Try reducing laser power or add more pigment to the resin. The first layers come out fine because the resin volume has not been exposed enough to cause a problem, however as you get further into the print the resin volume starts to accumulate too much exposure due to light scattering and this then causes the exact problem that you have presented.
I prefer to know nothing about everything rather than everything about nothing. :)