First successful prints!

Let's see some prints you've made with some of your hardware.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
redonix76
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

First successful prints!

Postby redonix76 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:53 pm

Hey guys,

So after visiting Kudo and almost buying a Titan 1, i ran into this great forum and decided to build my own SLA printer. After some hard work, time and patience, my printer is almost finished but is ready to print. Here are some prints after many fails.

Although these are small prints, I'm looking to printer larger pieces soon. Still working out the kinks but overall I'm happy with my setup:

Top Down SLA
Acer p1283 - UV filter removed only 1024x768 - good enough for what I want to do.
Old PC 300w powersupply
RAMPS 1.4 Control Board
Ardiuno Mega 2560
Sprinter Firmware
Creation Workshop

jkao

Re: First successful prints!

Postby jkao » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:49 pm

Cool! Do you have pictures of your printer as well? I'd love to see how you assembled your top-down vat and Z-axis.

nc42
Site Admin

Postby nc42 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:58 pm

Looks great. Always nice to hear about people building their own instead of buying!

redonix76

Postby redonix76 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:24 pm

Hey guys, thanks!! Here are are few shots of my build: it's still not finalized yet but hopefully it'll look more professional in a few weeks.

redonix76

Postby redonix76 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:25 pm

I'm going to change but the platform is attached to the Z Axis...the L brackets are not solid enough and has a bit of flex.

Also I want to make:
1. adjustable print platform
2. adjustable vat platform
3. adjustable projector mount

redonix76

Postby redonix76 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:22 pm

Hey guys,

Here is another print...this time it failed...the bottom part was all messed up because it became detached from some of the supports. also the top on the back and shoulder has bad bleeding shiny blobs. Overall not bad and will keep adjusting and tweaking my printer. Hope to print some more soon.

This is my zbrush sculpt

redonix76

Postby redonix76 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:16 pm

Finally got to play with Fun To DO Snow White + Black pigment. I feel it works much better than Deep Black and virtually no light bleed!! :D

150 micron XY
50 micon Z

hefeglass

Postby hefeglass » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:50 pm

that looks great! how was it oriented?
i just ordered another bottle of ftd white and I'm trying to find a good black pigment to produce a nice grey. What did you use?
I have a couple bottles of maker juice red pigment and I'm planning on using it with some of the ftd snow white too.

redonix76

Postby redonix76 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:51 pm

Thanks!! It was printed pointing up! I got the model from thingiverse. the model was created to be printed so it worked out perfectly from bottom to top printing.

hhhmmm...I'm using the black pigment that comes with the order of SW since the option is available when I ordered it. Let me know how the maker juice's red pigment work out!