Top-Down Resing floating on salt water

Let's see some prints you've made with some of your hardware.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
odino
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Top-Down Resing floating on salt water

Postby odino » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:21 am

In these days I have "fixed" (maybe I should say improve...) my calibration.
And now I'm doing some pretty prints.
Not perfect yet, but pretty.

This was done yesterday
WP_20150319_09_56_57_Pro.jpg
Fun to Do castable, LH 0.1mm, exposition time 5sec

First decent print afeter a simple cube :D

I want to go under so today I have cut in half the exposition time and try to print the same object.
In the plate there was 2 rings and 2 little owls (to see if the plate was really flat).
The owls come out really nice!
WP_20150319_12_03_47_Pro.jpg
Fun to Do castable, LH 0.05, exp time 2.5sec

The rings on the contrary come out really bad...
WP_20150319_11_40_25_Pro.jpg
Fun to Do castable, LH 0.05, exp time 2.5sec

The little support collapse on themself, like the tiny parts of the rings.
I suppose low exposition time, so I increase it to 3 sec now, and try to reprint the rings with some other object, a model take from thingiverse to compare the rings with a more massive items.

I'll post other photo as soon I can!

Advice or criticism are always welcome :D

odino

Re: Top-Down Resing floating on salt water

Postby odino » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:45 pm

New prints!
I have done another 0.05mm plate.
2 rings and 2 of this statue

the statue come out quite well...
WP_20150319_14_17_24_Pro.jpg
LH= 0.05mm exposition time 3sec

WP_20150319_14_17_41_Pro.jpg
LH = 0.05mm exp time 3sec

The sword end collapse... If think it was too tiny... the entire statue is about 3cm...

the rings on the contrary have come major issue...
WP_20150319_14_09_19_Pro.jpg

the tiny part of the rings don't come out again... the supports are fine...
The surface is nice but... well it's not complete...

I think 3 seconds are to low again... but I'm afraid that if I increase more I'll have overcuring problem...

Maybe the translucence of the resin is a problem...

odino

Postby odino » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:49 pm

After the previus print I make the same plate (2 rings 2 kinights) but a 0.1mm LH, 5second exposition time.
And it come out well!
WP_20150319_15_37_55_Pro.jpg

WP_20150319_15_37_20_Pro.jpg

I think the curing time is good. Maybe a little of z-wobble...
Well I have to keep trying :D

I was wondering if I could increase the red-pigment quatity (or add some black/dark pigment) to shield some of the rays so I could increase the curing time without have much problem...

dangre

Postby dangre » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:05 am

Odino,
If I might make a suggestion, try printing one of the calibration models out there that have different size (small) posts so you can calibrate your machine. Try lots of different settings (3-4-5-6+sec) so you know where your boundaries are. Otherwise you are just guessing. Then you can try adding pigments etc. Make sure you write down your findings and take pictures.
Dan - mUVe 1 DLP

odino

Postby odino » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:55 am

Hi dangre thanks for advice.

What model are you talking? Have you some link to share?
I have something from when I calibrate my prusa I3.

I have wrote a note to FTD and they told me that the temperature of the room (my labs has a temperature of 10-12° celsius) is to low. The resin should be at 18-22° celsius to have a better performance...

I'm out for the weekend, but next week I'll come back to work :)

If you have share the test model or the link please :D

dangre

Postby dangre » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:27 pm

Dan - mUVe 1 DLP

Zenon

Postby Zenon » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:17 pm

The CtrlV Test print seems to be popular lately, at least I've seen it used a lot:

odino

Postby odino » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:11 am

Thanks!
I'll test them as soon as I can :D