Printing fails, Holes

Let's see some prints you've made with some of your hardware.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Matze
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Printing fails, Holes

Postby Matze » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:49 am

Hi,

I've got a problem with my printer (Bottom-Up). Sometimes this happens:
IMG_20150204_200326.jpg
Holes

Seems like some layers aren't sticking to eachother or something. Anyone else had this problem? What could be the solution? Supports bacause of shrinkage? Longer/Shorter exposure?
Here are more details:

1mm wall thickness
FlexVat with 0.1mm PTFE bottom
X/Y: 100 microns
Slice Thickness 0.2mm
Exposure Time 10000
Bottom Exposure 20000
Z Lift Distance 5
Z Lift Speed 200
Z Retract Speed 200

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Matthias

HTL

Re: Printing fails, Holes

Postby HTL » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:30 am

from your exposure time and the look of your print I would suggest you have too much pigment in your resin. The light from the projector is not able to penetrate deep enough into the resin to "stick" the layers togther. I had similar problems until I adjusted my pigment concentration down.

Matze

Postby Matze » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:18 am

Awesome, thanks! I'll check it out. May also a layer width 0.1mm instead on 0.2mm will help...

Liquid Garden

Postby Liquid Garden » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:37 am

You may need to also add a "settling" time so the resin has stopped flowing out of the center cavity before the next layer is being exposed.

Matze

Postby Matze » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:52 am

Makes sense. Thanks, I'll give it a try.