Weird print

Let's see some prints you've made with some of your hardware.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Matze
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Weird print

Postby Matze » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:23 pm

Hi,

I just printed a big part (10x5x15cm) for the first time and I got weird errors:
IMG_20150129_201854.jpg

Does anyone has a clue what went wrong?

Thanks and best regards,
Matthias

Scatterplot

Re: Weird print

Postby Scatterplot » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:27 pm

What was the part supposed to look like?

Phife

Postby Phife » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:35 pm

Almost looks like undercured resin peices are floating around in your vat and sticking in random spots, but they are pretty thick so I dunno. Is the part supposed to be smooth?

Have you tried printing other parts? What kind of vat/release method are you using? What kind of resin is that.

Oh and your build plate looks interesting, what is that?

Matze

Postby Matze » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:12 am

Hi, thanks for your replies.

@Scatterplot: The part should have been straight. All the little parts shouldn't be there.

@Phife: I checked the vat and there where no resin pieces floating around. I saw some little metal flake (I'd guess from filing/sanding the build platform). Maybe that was the reason. I'll redo the print with a clean vat.
Other than that I used Makerjuice SF (white), a FlexVat with 0.1mm PTFE film. 5 sec curing time with z = 0.2mm. Small parts worked great so far... About the build plattform you can see more details here: it's 2mm stainless steel with 3mm holes in it. After sanding it the parts stick quiet well and also the pressure to the PTFE film is minimized (no deformation while printing the first couple of layers)

Matze

Postby Matze » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:21 pm

yep, is has been the aluminium flakes ;)