More @ 100 microns

Let's see some prints you've made with some of your hardware.
gmoneyphx
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: More @ 100 microns

Postby gmoneyphx » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:42 pm

I have had better luck with 3-5mm wall thickness. Whenever I can possibly get away with it I use 3mm solid supports. I do NOT like the part separating from the support.

The printer is just a custom build top down unit.

In the past I had used netfabb to hollow the part but that costs money...now that Meshmixer does it I think it is the best choice. I also like Meshmixer support generation.

kakapoopie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: More @ 100 microns

Postby kakapoopie » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:59 pm

Thanks for the info...I just started using meshmixer and the supports are great...especially that they branch out, seems a bit stronger.