My Printer in Actione - inc Flexvat

Let's see some prints you've made with some of your hardware.
hp_
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

My Printer in Actione - inc Flexvat

Postby hp_ » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:39 am

Dear All,

Have a look at my youtube clip, here you can see my belt driven printer with flexible vat in action.
this is a prototype printer i've been working on for awhile, trying out all kind of new stuff.

looking forward to your comments.

http://youtu.be/BavNa9rDeOk

cheers,
hp

adambx
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: My Printer in Actione - inc Flexvat

Postby adambx » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:37 am

Awesome!

what is the layer thickness on your part?

Cheers^^

Kvirre

Postby Kvirre » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:01 am

I don't get it ...

What is the flexvat made of?
It looks like a food-container from IKEA, and some kind of film clinched between the lid and the container itself?

please explain.

hp_

Postby hp_ » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:57 pm

hi Kvirre,

it is a food container from Ikea :)

i put it on the an alu bed to keep it level and thats about it.

layer height is 0.1
Cheers,
hp

Kvirre

Postby Kvirre » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:17 am

That's excellent hp, well done!

What kind of (plastic) film/sheet are you using as the flexible vat?
Do you spray it with Teflon or something else for better release etc.

Regards
//Martin

Kilh

Postby Kilh » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:41 am

Love the idea for the flex vat, easy and effective (I assume you're using FEP film?). I'm wondering how you control the tension though... just snap the lid on and hope for the best? Or is there a frame underneath to tension it further?

chemstar

Postby chemstar » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:57 am

awesome idea using a food container 8-)

hp_

Postby hp_ » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:23 am

hi Kviree, Kilh, chemstar,

I'm using 0.05mm Fep Film from is chinese supplier(very cheap ) :)

@Kilh, the tension when you push the lid on the container is already pretty good. I do use a tensioner though by using a 10mm diameter electric cable that i push underneath, between the lid and the container(film)

be-aware, i have added some extra measure so that the fep film will not slip between the lid and the container.. i add additional pressure between the lid can the container by using clamps.

cheers,
hp

Kilh

Postby Kilh » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:39 pm

Thanks for the info, definitely an effective solution. Do you increase the tension later by shoving in more stuff (when it's beginning to sack) or do you just replace the film? Mind sharing the supplier? :D

hp_

Postby hp_ » Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:56 pm

I don't have any problems with sagging yet.. but it could be a posibility.

cheers,
hp