First prints!

Let's see some prints you've made with some of your hardware.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
IrgendwerAusIrgendwo
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

First prints!

Postby IrgendwerAusIrgendwo » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:09 am

Hi,

Below some prints I made with my self designed SLA printer- BUT: so far I'm not satisfied with the quality so I hope someone can assist ;)

1.) I've printed the orange helix at 0,05mm so I got my first successful print: the surface is nearly flat but the thickness of the helix poles varies

2.) the support nails always fail (white printed with 0,1mm)

I'm sure I do something wrong with exposure time but should I add more or less!?

######
Acer 6510BD
Aluminium bed vs. Silicone coated VAT
(FEP film for coating on the way...)
Makerjuice G+
app. 200 * 100 print area
very slow tilt and z rise
#####
Attachments
failed support_.jpg
failed support
failed due to lack of material_.jpg
bad support - and lack of material at the end...
helix single 2_.jpg
successful print

adambx

Re: First prints!

Postby adambx » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:57 am

From my experience (same projector, borosilicate glass VAT and Silicone) the SubG+ white bleeds through like hell...even at 500ms exposure. I have a 50x100 mm area though.
You could try adding different pigments, and generally just experiment with the concentration..i have a grey pigment and I can vary my exposure from 1.5 seconds to 2.5 seconds and notice only little in final quality.

Pigment is the key here!

For testing, try printing an inverted pyramid.. if the edges are sharp you're on the right track, else add some pigment.

hope i could help..please post results if you have some more.

Cheers!

IrgendwerAusIrgendwo

Postby IrgendwerAusIrgendwo » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:13 am

adambx

Postby adambx » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:33 am

I tried that....not a good idea it seems. Maybe the projector is simply too powerful..and the borosilicate is uv transparent contrary to standard acrylic which adds to that.
I'll post some pictures of my failed print later.

In addition to the inverted pyramid, try printing a simple ring( let's say 15mm diameter and 2mm thickness), you will notice that it is way thicker on the top and bottom than on the sides, due to bleed through.

Craig Turley

Postby Craig Turley » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:58 pm

Agreed. Printing clear will lead to a lot of bleed issues and you won't capture details. You really need the pigments to control the depth of light penetration based on your slices.

www.studioqubed.com