New Fun to Do ---True White and Grey ----

Let's see some prints you've made with some of your hardware.
Craig Turley

New Fun to Do ---True White and Grey ----

Postby Craig Turley » Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:58 am

Here are a couple new prints using a true white and grey. Printed at 50xy 38z - Macro shots...the surface is very smooth! :D

www.studioqubed.com
Attachments
FTD-Alpa_White_01_080414_.jpg
FTD-Alpa_080414_.jpg

PacManFan
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: New Fun to Do ---True White and Grey ----

Postby PacManFan » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:10 am

Wow! the quality looks amazing on the print!

snow
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby snow » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:46 am

I am also impressed! What is the size of the printed object?

Craig Turley

Postby Craig Turley » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:38 am

Thanks!! As the US distributor of Fun To Do resin I have the opportunity to test a few things, this one has me super excited. Strong and light, feels like plastic. Surface looks rough due to a macro lens, it's smooth!

Both are about 30 mm tall. There will be more goodies tomorrow, you'll really be impressed with the gray :)

http://www.studioqubed.com

Craig Turley

Postby Craig Turley » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:06 am

More in gray :D
Attachments
FTD_IB _TS-1-2.jpg

Craig Turley

Postby Craig Turley » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:09 am

And a couple more. Enjoy!
Attachments
FTD_IB _TS-7-2.jpg
FTD_IB _TS-8-2.jpg
FTD_IB _TS-5-2.jpg

adambx

Postby adambx » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:50 am

how fast does the pigment settle?
I have an issue when I print solid objects, the core starts to get less pigmented after a while due to the pigment being not very well dispersed. This leads to overexposure of the core and destruction of the VAT. Could the FTD resin solve my problem?

Craig Turley

Postby Craig Turley » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:54 pm

@adambx - pigments stay suspended quite well. The resin is welled mixed when first added and then I'll give things a quick stir if I leave the resin overnight, otherwise it's not an issue - based on both tilt and slide release. I've used nothing but Fun to Do since December '13 - used it for about a month prior to becoming a distributor. PM if you would like more info.

www.funtodo.net

www.studioqubed.com

adambx

Postby adambx » Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:44 am

Craig Turley

Postby Craig Turley » Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:29 pm

@adambx - I'm using both the IB and CB exclusively right now. I've got a large project underway which involves investment casting - printing pieces in IB for vulcanized molds and in general stronger pieces.

50um z slices work very well, attached are images using the SB Red straight out of the bottle, hopefully these will give you a better idea of achievable resolution without adding pigments. I believe all of these are at 50xy 50z.
Attachments
FTD Shots-6.jpg
FTD Shots-4.jpg
FTD Shots-2.jpg