CIRCLES ON MY PRINTS - NEED ADVICE PLS

Let's see some prints you've made with some of your hardware.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
zerospace
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

CIRCLES ON MY PRINTS - NEED ADVICE PLS

Postby zerospace » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:49 pm

Hi dear community,
need your advice on the prob I have:

overall I'm very happy with the results, but the CIRCLES I got on all of my prints, are driving me mad.

Setup:
1) FULL HD DLP 1920x1080, eco mode, 10.000:1 contrast, 2000 lumens
2) 75 microns
3) cure time 5 sec
4) XY resolution - 100-110 microns
5) slice resolution - 3840x2160, using powerpoint

Pic.1 - It's layers, no prob with that

-----------------------------------------------------------

What can cause such a heavy circles? Any ideas, thoughts please?
Thanks a lot in advance for any possible help!

Finhead

Re: CIRCLES ON MY PRINTS - NEED ADVICE PLS

Postby Finhead » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:08 pm

That is a result of the XY resolution if you lower that it will make those les noticeable. But before you try that (if your able) have you tried the Anti-Aliasing feature in CW? I find it works really well at about 3.5. I know it's basically the same as your up scaling resolution in powerpoint but I would try it first to see if it helps at all.

zerospace

Postby zerospace » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:42 pm

First of all, huge thanks for fast respond,

yeah nevertheless I'm using old-school CW version 1.0.0.13, I've got Anti-Aliasing enabled (1.5x in that version),
so with resolution 3840x2160, the final slices are of a highest quality.

Yes, of course I'm able to lift up the DLP, so XY resolution will be at least 50-75 microns, but that will sacrifice built area, right?:)
Any more thoughts, or at least are those circles normal at 100-110 microns, or I'm getting really ugly prints?

Thank you all :)

Finhead

Postby Finhead » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:06 pm

zerospace

Postby zerospace » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:52 pm

Hey guys, wanted to ask one more thing please - anyone has tried LASER instead of DLP, right?

Does LASER method has the same circles on print surface, or not?
Any comments please?

Thanks as always!

EdgE

Postby EdgE » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:27 pm

Those circles are indeed xy resolution.
An other way to handle with this 'issue', could be the printing orientation.
So at least, the circles are there, where you want them...

The laser method. Also here it propably depends on the 'galvo' resolution.
(It's actualy worse, the resulotion will change a little, from center to outside, due to the fixed angle resolution.)

But ofcourse, with the laserpointer it should also be possible to change the curing time per pixel (based on the grey value of the pixel).
I don't know if this is also used for these systems..

Further more, your prints look already very nice!
Thanks for sharing printing settings :)
What vat-type (fep, sylgard, thickness..) are you using and which resin?

crusoe

Postby crusoe » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:25 pm

x/y and z resolution. You are going to see those no matter what. Slicing is not a analog process, but digital, and those are artifacts of the digital process. You can minimize them, but never 100% get rid of them.