DETAILS LOSS :(

Let's see some prints you've made with some of your hardware.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
zerospace
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

DETAILS LOSS :(

Postby zerospace » Thu May 15, 2014 6:43 am

Hi guys, got a problem and I need your help please.
Recently I got a pretty bad details loss on my prints.

I have FULL HD DLP, Optoma HD25e, 2800 luments, 20000 contrast, lamp 300 hours used.
distance to vat is 28 cm. I'm using MakerJuice SubG+ resin Black and Red with some added PI.
Focus is set properly, optics and vat are clean an clear.
With that config earlier I printed awesome stuff, but recently the details are so low - I would say it feel like the print has been blurred, or glossed,
awful feeling, precise details are gone ...

Question is that cannot it be related to software ZOOM, which is set to +10 on my DLP,
or can it be the CURE time, when the resin is overcuring in depth? Maybe Sharpness setting? Set to max ( 0 --> 15 )

Thanks a lot in advance,

PacManFan
Site Admin

Re: DETAILS LOSS :(

Postby PacManFan » Thu May 15, 2014 8:43 am

Can you post some pictures of some printed models that have detail loss? It could be a number of factors. The first question I would ask myself is "What settings changed?"

-S

zerospace

Postby zerospace » Fri May 16, 2014 9:49 am

Thanks for respond Steve!
Actually I noticed the following:
1st print with great details was made 2 months ago, with batch of MJ SubG+ resin

Second print, the awful one was made with another batch of MJ SubG+ resin I got recently.

I didn't change any settings, which will cause such a dramatic detail loss,
no eyes, the print looks glossy, not sharp details...
to me it looks like each layer overcured the previous one...
it's 75 micron print, my typical resolution I work with all the time.

Please help, any ideas?
Thanks!:)

Finhead

Postby Finhead » Fri May 16, 2014 11:39 am

Looks like your over curing the Resin to me, I would try and lower the exposure time if it were me.

Clinton

zerospace

Postby zerospace » Fri May 16, 2014 12:26 pm

Thanks a lot for advice, will definitely try that.
But then comes another question / problem - what to do if I will get to good curing time, where details are alright and fine,
but that curing time will not allow me to rise thin parts, like supports, teeth...?

Any more guess on general topic please guys?

Liquid Garden

Postby Liquid Garden » Fri May 16, 2014 10:23 pm

I can't get your pics to load but I would also guess it's due to the new resin. Did you add PI to the old resin as well? How much did you add?

Are the pigment quantities the same and are they the same color? Even forgetting to shake the bottle can cause a loss of detail.

zerospace

Postby zerospace » Sat May 17, 2014 1:38 pm

Everybody thanks for the tips - yes the problem is almost solved, results are so much better now,
it was way too much curing time,
I shifted down to 6 seconds, and the details are back.

Thank ya all.