First semi-successful print

Let's see some prints you've made with some of your hardware.
seasicksinbad

First semi-successful print

Postby seasicksinbad » Thu May 01, 2014 11:47 pm

Well, I finally had a chance to test my printer.
I ran it at .1mm resolution on the Z stage, I still have to adjust the XY resolution since the rabbit came somewhat flat.
The computer video card send the monitor to sleep right in the middle of run, which caused the projector to run at full intensity and creating a diaphragm of cured resin right in the middle of the wabbit.
I used Makerjuice's newest SubSF resin.
Attachments
DSCF2986.JPG
Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.

PacManFan
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: First semi-successful print

Postby PacManFan » Sat May 03, 2014 1:17 am

It looks like a very successful print! I think once you adjust your settings to not sleep it should be fine. Post more when you can.

seasicksinbad

Postby seasicksinbad » Tue May 06, 2014 5:21 pm

Thank you Steve. I'm still practicing and learning.
Here's another print from a 3D scan I made of me and my wife holding hands and using Agisoft Photoscan to capture it.
I am only scratching the surface on the capabilities of my machine, the combination of FEP with passive tilt and the fused quartz vat bottom are working as I expected.
I will be increasing the resolution little by little and use oversampling to get the highest possible quality.
There was a problem with the projector I was using, out of the blue it started overheating and shutting down in the middle of runs. So right now I am converting it to LED and the production of prints will be suspended until I'm done with it.
I want to thank everybody in this forum for their help and support. For providing ideas and always pushing all members toward successful builds.
Attachments
DSCF2994.JPG
DSCF2992.JPG
DSCF2991.JPG

@A2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby @A2 » Tue May 06, 2014 6:01 pm

How is oversampling performed?

Only from what I have read, it appears that LED projectors don't have the power of the mercury lamps, and need more time.

How will you determine what LED projector is best?

I'm considering purchasing the Acer H6510BD. But if a LED can build a layer just as fast as a 3000 lumen machine with high contrast 10000:1, I would be interested in learning more.

Keep the pics coming, they look great, and have you posted build notes of your printer?

seasicksinbad

Postby seasicksinbad » Tue May 06, 2014 7:20 pm

Finhead

Postby Finhead » Tue May 06, 2014 8:48 pm

You can also use the Anti-Aliasing feature in the slicing profile, works very nice at about 3.5. I believe this does pretty much exactly what you have planed to do but without all the work involved.

Clinton

seasicksinbad

Postby seasicksinbad » Tue May 06, 2014 9:04 pm

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Tue May 06, 2014 9:57 pm

Finhead

Postby Finhead » Tue May 06, 2014 10:55 pm

@A2

Postby @A2 » Tue May 06, 2014 10:57 pm

I think additional re-sampling choices would be a very popular feature. As a lot of effort by many people is put into achieving the ideal surface finish.