The Tiniest Knight

Let's see some prints you've made with some of your hardware.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Glacian22
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

The Tiniest Knight

Postby Glacian22 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:26 am

I just rebuilt my printer, and the quality I'm getting out of it is vastly improved. Check out this itty bitty knight! This was with Makerjuice SubG+, 50 micron Z, 130 micron XY, and oversampled images.

Tiny Knight.jpg

PacManFan
Site Admin

Re: The Tiniest Knight

Postby PacManFan » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:41 am

It looks amazing!

sgraber

Postby sgraber » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:58 am

Research Chemist

Glacian22

Postby Glacian22 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:27 pm

Thanks guys! Using watsonstudios' technique of oversampling the slices made a huge, huge difference...the model was sliced at 4096x3072, and then batch converted back down to 1024x768. It does take a little extra time to do it this way, since CW has to export those huge PNGs, but it's definitely worth it. The printer itself is a heavily modified variant of the Muve3D, gutted to use a dlp instead of a laser, and built out of Openbeam with linear slides instead of microrax with roller carriages.

Finhead

Postby Finhead » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:29 pm

Wow super nice print. Any pics of the hacked mUVe printer? That's the printer I was building before I found this site, had all my openbeam etc bought for the build as well. lol

watsonstudios

Postby watsonstudios » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:13 pm