Gangzhou Tower

Let's see some prints you've made with some of your hardware.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
hp_
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Gangzhou Tower

Postby hp_ » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:37 am

Hi Everyone, here is my first finished print of the Gangzhou tower, many hours of editing the stl file went into this.

the background of this print is that i wanted to print something you couldn't print with an fdm.
This particular model has a mesh arround the building that i wanted to print.
some more information about this building can be found here:

i've downloaded part from the google maps 3d model lib. and altered the thickness of the mesh.. using several tools(sketchup, netfabb, creation workshop beta 1.3 for slicing)

the model was printed at 0.1mm layer thicknes and lasted ~420minutes,exposure time per layer ~4.2-5.2 sec) i've been randomly increasing exposure time during the print.

here is the print just after it was finished

hp_

johnrpm

Re: Gangzhou Tower

Postby johnrpm » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:52 pm

Thats a tall printer, nice work, would be an idea to have a place for stl files to share on this forum,
just a thought.
Random Precision

hp_

Re: Gangzhou Tower

Postby hp_ » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:55 am

and here is the white version

and