FlexVAT bottom up, Acer H6510BD, Ramps 1.4 ...

Here's the place to post pics / video and discussions regarding hardware you've built or are in the process of building.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Leinad78
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Leinad78 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:55 am

hello guys,

i´m currently developing/building a 3d scanner, a powder-based printer and a sla printer and so i can just post a screenshot from the cad system right now.

the scanner will be based on david laserscanner with full-hd projector which will be mounted on a slide to have it easy changed between the scanner system and the sla printer.
Attachments
DLP-Drucker.PNG

fleming

Re: Bottom-up (Mockup)

Postby fleming » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:50 am

Hi!
Nice design.
Can you please explain a bit more how you intent to print with Powder?? I am not aware of this possibility with a projector.
Regards

Leinad78

Postby Leinad78 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:37 am

Hi,

it will be a different project and not based on a projector which i´m not aware of an possibility, too.

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:56 am

I think using a projector for both the laser scanning portion and the DLP-SLA display is a good idea. I had a similar idea for my next pico-projector machine. How close are you to building this machine?

Leinad78

Postby Leinad78 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:03 am

I´m waiting for a group of students of mine which are building a furnace unit and when i´m ordering their parts, i´m also ordering mine in the same order. i hope to get started in the next weeks. Next week i´ll develop the powder printer and hopefully i can place the needed components in the same order.

johnrpm

Postby johnrpm » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:33 pm

What powder are you thinking of using, I built a couple some time ago, the problem is the dust and mess they make.
Random Precision

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:33 pm

The PWDR project has plans for an open source powder based printer. It hasn't been updated in a long time, and I haven't heard anything about it recently. From what I heard from a few folks at Defcon this past year, software support for it is almost non-existent.

Leinad78

Postby Leinad78 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:15 am

Leinad78

Postby Leinad78 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:40 am

As time passes so fast, there is some slow progress :) z-axis will be machined next week, based on strong aluminum.

I hope its finished within the next 3 weeks. electronics is ready and waiting for the mechanic parts.

_DSC5699.jpg

Leinad78

Postby Leinad78 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:24 pm

Finally the first successfull print, which was the third at all. The first two prints failed due to resin not attaching to the build plate, so i gave it a good roughing and unfortunally now the resin sticks like its been glued together :( I´m trying the fridge to cool both parts to minus 20°C and have a look if that will help.

I´m using SubG+ and 100µm layer thickness, i wanted to try printing at 50µm but found some guys giving advice to NOT print at 50µm with that resin, so i will stick with 100µm by now.

A big thanks to pacmanfan to share that awesome peace of software making machines like ours possible :)
Attachments
DSC_0083.JPG