Here's my DLP printer

Here's the place to post pics / video and discussions regarding hardware you've built or are in the process of building.
watsonstudios
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Here's my DLP printer

Postby watsonstudios » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:04 pm

Gotcha. Well, maybe the same concept could be achieved in the background, so when you enter the "shrinkage" factor, then hit "slice", the software could scale the object in memory, create the slices based on the scaled part, thus leaving your object intact in the layout window. It's still easier than incorporating it into the "re-sampling" algorithm I would think. You would have to ask Steve (Pacmanfan) about that.

Jon

Happycamper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Happycamper » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:17 pm

That's a good idea too!

johnrpm

Postby johnrpm » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:00 pm

Here is another one of my stupid thoughts, what if the image was dithered, would it reduce shrinkage
somehow dither the core but leave the shell dense for each slice.

Or have a hatch pattern, hexagon, like quickcast on sla's
Random Precision

darrin3d

Postby darrin3d » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:00 pm

I think the hatch idea would be great. It should help because you won't have a big giant patch of light when printing a flat area. Resin left inside could be an issue though. I wonder how they drain those quickcast parts?

I used to own a 3d Systems Invision Si2 which was a polyjet machine. It printed the layers in stripes. It would lay down one set of stripes, then shift slightly in x and lay down another set of stripes in between the last set. I bet you this was for shrinkage too. I wonder what would happen if you projected twice per layer, in the same manner. Kind of like building layers in two directions.

MrBaz

Postby MrBaz » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:41 pm

I may be late to join the party, but how did you design your vat?