My Bottom-up Machine

Here's the place to post pics / video and discussions regarding hardware you've built or are in the process of building.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
PacManFan
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

My Bottom-up Machine

Postby PacManFan » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:23 pm

I know most of you have seen this before.
I've got a bottom-up machine with an Infocus 2104 projector. Attached is a good overview shot. It can print objects 120x100x250mm in size at a X/Y resolution of 100 micron and 50 micron in the Z Axis.
It took me a while to solve my vat release issues, but now it prints great!
IMAG2277-002.jpg

johnrpm

Re: My Bottom-up Machine

Postby johnrpm » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:34 am

Could you explain the release problems you have had, I have a tilt and slide, but
not sure if the motor is strong enough.

Does it need much force to pull free, does it pull the part from the platform???.

thanks.
Random Precision

PacManFan
Site Admin

Re: My Bottom-up Machine

Postby PacManFan » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:43 pm

I'm using a vat-tilt mechanism to release the cured resin. My vat is coated with a sheet of FEP plastic from CS Hyde. It seems to be working well so far. My last Z-Axis wasn't strong enough, and cause the Z-axis to bend sideways, causing all sorts of tilt issues. I'm using a NEMA 23 motor and 5/16 threaded rod with 2 linear rails I bought from Ebay. It's all mounted on some aluminum 1" extrusions.