SLA Project built with (mostly) recycled/salvaged parts.

Here's the place to post pics / video and discussions regarding hardware you've built or are in the process of building.
PomeroyB
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: SLA Project built with (mostly) recycled/salvaged parts.

Postby PomeroyB » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:07 pm

Really nice, clean build! Certainly doesn't look like it's made from scraps!

seasicksinbad

Postby seasicksinbad » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:12 pm

Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.

seasicksinbad

Postby seasicksinbad » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:58 pm

OK! I just found out that turned out to be incredibly useful. At least for me, hehehe.
My machine is mostly made of aluminum and was having a hard time putting it together by using mostly bolts, nuts and threads.
I don't have an aluminum welder, so after a little research I found that you can actually solder with aluminum by using a torch and aluminum brazing rods.
These can be bough at Harbor Freight Tools.
For the torch.
For the rods, and
instructional video.
Enjoy like I did!!

seasicksinbad

Postby seasicksinbad » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:28 pm

Latest updates.
I built the projector support using 3/4" plywood. If this becomes the definitive setup, then I will have it made of aluminum.
I didn't remove the color wheel on the projector since it seems to work fine with Makerjuice resins. I only had to add an spacer to the lens assembly in order to shorten the throw.
I just need to place the arduino controller and stepper driver and that's pretty much it. Hopefully my next photos will be of prints.
Happy new year, everybody!
Attachments
IMG_5746.JPG
IMG_5745.JPG

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable