Daylight (iPad) Printer

Here's the place to post pics / video and discussions regarding hardware you've built or are in the process of building.
Kvirre
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Daylight (iPad) Printer

Postby Kvirre » Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:36 pm

This becomes my second printer, this time using the Daylight resin.

Some links :
My first SLA project :
This project (buildlog) :
Previous thread for testing :

Here is the concept and what I got ready so far.

Last edited by Kvirre on Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AndersonTa

Re: Daylight (iPad) Printer

Postby AndersonTa » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:30 pm

Any reason you have the base so tall? Are you planning to put an LED array under it?
@AndersonHTa

Kvirre
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kvirre » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:54 am

marcovanschagen

Postby marcovanschagen » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:56 am

Can lcd panels be used as backlight?

http://m.ebay.com/itm/272000555196

Kvirre

Postby Kvirre » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:41 am

educa

Postby educa » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:15 am

Why not use a high power UV led and a fressnel lens to get the (nearly)pointlight of the led into parallel rays of light ?

dpizzle

Postby dpizzle » Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:09 am

educa, This has been discussed in the past in another thread. A fresnel lens might work for daylight resins (not sure anyone has tried), it most likely won't work for UV. Since a normal color LCD blocks so much in the UV spectrum you really need the low degree collimating lenses right under the panel to blast enough light through the panel.

Kvirre

Postby Kvirre » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:10 pm

Now, things are coming along.
Did FW and Electronics this week.

- Added two code-commands to Marlin FW (1 to control text in a smal OLED display and 1 to Control iPad Display back lightning).
- Not to easy the last part, since hardware Serial not possible. Software Serial is however.
- Added a 12V->5V transformer for powering the Abusemark Display driver.
- Soldered all wires for the serial communication interface, and figured things out in general.

Next is Routing out the plate for the VAT, and the VAT itself (design change here).

To be continued.

Redrichie

Postby Redrichie » Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:20 pm

Man can't wait to see it. Have you done any tests using a z axis to actually pull out a part? The last I saw was a bit of promising exposed lettering.

Kvirre

Postby Kvirre » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:19 am

I have now ordered the last parts that I need to do my first print.

- Build Platform
- VAT
- Top Frame Plate
- Enclosure

ETA 2 Weeks + Buildtime