My first DLP project

Here's the place to post pics / video and discussions regarding hardware you've built or are in the process of building.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Arco
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

My first DLP project

Postby Arco » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:21 am

Hello guys,
As You surely noticed, I asked You for a few things to rectify my knowledge. Now after collecting pieces, knowledge and ideas I can fully start fight with my project. I am M.Sc.Eng so I think the mechanical issues would not be a big problem, unlike the electronic issues. I know the G-code well and I can understand the algorithms but I have never written any code by myself (only visual basic at university).

So, I decide to build the small desktop printer using a mirror system and the B9 tilt idea with moving drawer to avoid fighting with code and using only 2 motors - stepper and servo (but the servo I have has only 120 degrees angle, so maybe a will change it for stepper or 360 one). Also, my drawer will be mounted on typical 8/10 mm roller, not on POM or other plastic material.

The main goal is to build the printer ready to print with the smallest layer as we can to made a soft surfaces without layering stairs - this is the most important thing for me, because my Form1+ is definitely not good enough.

By the next few days I want to work with firmware to make it useful. I already downloaded and tested the mUVe 1 software but... It doesn't work as I would like. Can anyway help me with coding or would be able to tell me what should I do? I updated my Arduino MEGA and when I try to print with the standard mUVe 100 layering the stepper is spinning but...

I would like to push stepper to go for "home" position first, before printing. Home position would be limited by the mechanical endstop called 1, then the print should start. At the moment my stepper is spinning up and down with every layer but not go anywhere before printing :( Also I would like to force the stepper to go to the position Home2 after the print - same idea, limited by the mechanical endstop called 2.

Also, my servo is getting crazy when I wire it to the 4th line (4th from the left) and it is under control. If anyone had the same issue would be nice to know what should I do. Leave the servo or just change something.

I would be very grateful for any kind of help with it. As I wrote, I am not an programmer and If there is already existing firmware working with my thinking way would be nice to not ram through an open door!

Here are the pictures of my project (not finished but You can see main ideas) + the whole things I already completed.

Kind Regards,
Arco
Attachments
IMG_20160213_121652.jpg
Printer.RAR
IMG_20160204_193047.jpg
Distance testing
P5.jpg
Project

Arco

Re: My first DLP project

Postby Arco » Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:52 pm

Hello guys,
Electronic works almost perfect! I had to invert my endstops. Can You tell me how can I force my endstops to be ready to stop print by whole time? Both end's work in manual mode before printing, the home endstop works in the 1st print basing phase but after start both of them don't stop the printing while I touch them, the same situation when I try to move everything Z150 after END - endstop doesnt stop the movement. Any idea?

Firmware: mUVe 1

Kind Regards,
Arco