first dlp 3dprinter TSSN3D

Here's the place to post pics / video and discussions regarding hardware you've built or are in the process of building.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
tessen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

first dlp 3dprinter TSSN3D

Postby tessen » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:27 am

Hi to everyone from the south of Spain!
i would share with us my attempt of 3d printer, i´m a DIY fan, i have built a lot of cnc machine but this is my first 3d printer and the first time i use arduino platform and steppers, It will not be the world's most beautiful assembly, but I hope it works, I want to use the machine to print resin models that can then be used to produce metal models through the technique of lost wax casting (all DIY again)

Details and bill of Materials:

- botton-up
- full hd Optoma HD141X (modified)
- arduino mega+ ramps 1.4 (marlin firmware)
- nema 23 motor for Z axis
- nema 17 motor for shutter
- C1 class ballscrew 16mm and thk HRW 21 rail for Z axis transmision
- VAT in aluminum with botton of ETFE film
- steel structure
- creation workshop (as could not be any other way, thanks a lot pacmafan!)

photos:

3d render:

the vat:

"popurri" :)

the assembly:

and for the last a working test:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASoDnotmbaY

About he projector mod: (i have tons of photos)
- high altitude mode
- removing the color wheel (without breaking away)
- removing the UV filter of the lamp (but instaled another without UV filter)
- remove the zoom stop

I'm using the castable FunToDo resin, but.. I have not yet managed to print anything, because the part not grips well to the support :? any comment/help will be welcomed

best regards

Kvirre

Re: first dlp 3dprinter TSSN3D

Postby Kvirre » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:50 am

First of all, well done!!

If I understand you correctly .... the layer does not stick to your build platform?

If so, try extending the time of exposure for the first layers.
Clean the build platform with IPA (DO not clean the VAT with IPA - not good).

Other then that, make sure that your build platform is all the way resting in your VAT.
Seems like you are using endstops ....

I am always leaning the build platform into the VAT to avoid air getting trapped between the platform and FEP film.
Then i screw the platform back on the Axis.

Hope that helps.

tessen

Postby tessen » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:53 pm

Hi Kvirre, thanks for your words and excuse my english, i explain myself "like a book on fire" :)

About the machine, yes you are right,the resin not stick to the BP
i tried to increment the exposure for bottoms layer (2-5-10-15-20sg) but with the same outcome, i cleaned the BP with IPA like you mention and apply a resin layer to the BP thereafter i have polymerized this layer with the sun and put back in the machine and more than the same, the resin prefer to stick in the film, about the film i´m using, is a teflon derivative not the typical FEP is ETFE similar properties but better mechanical properties, i tend to think this could be the problem andi don´t know if include a tilt VAT could solve the problem, i prefer not using this mechanism to not complicate the machine (if i can)

Yes, i´m using endstop on Z axis but i tried to disconnect it and put the BP lean to the VAT film and the same result

anyway,thanks for your tips

tessen

Postby tessen » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:21 am

jalessi ask me how to use a stepper motor as shutter, i prefer to respond here

To use a stepper as a shutter i config this motor as X motor on arduino (in my setup i do one revolution with 4mm if i want to move 90º i have to move 1mm) and to add this to the CW --> configure--> configure slicing profile-->Gcode
y put on the lift sequence this:

;********** Lift Sequence ********
G04 P100 ;
G1 X0.8 F300
G1 Z($ZLiftDist * $ZDir) F{$CURSLICE < $NumFirstLayers?$ZBottomLiftRate:$ZLiftRate}
G1 Z(($LayerThickness-$ZLiftDist) * $ZDir) F$ZRetractRate
;<Delay> %d$BlankTime
G1 X-0.8 F300
G04 P300
;********** Lift Sequence **********

in the start i add this:

;********** Header Start ********
;Here you can set any G or M-Code which should be executed BEFORE the build process
G21 ;Set units to be mm
G91 ;Relative Positioning
M17 ;Enable motors
G28 X (homming the X axis looking the endstop)
G1 X0.7 F200
;********** Header End **********

regards

tessen

Postby tessen » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:27 pm

the mods on the projector
1 - in the projector config i select the "high altitude" mode, in this manner the projector fan provide better cooling for the lamp
2 - in the config, i have put the contrast to max
3 - i have separated the color wheel (without broken)
photos:

i have made a piece to support the wheel out

i can't leave the color wheel hole open, i have to cover it

4- i have remove the buffer stop on the zoom wheel to focus closer
photos:

without the buffer stop move the cilinder to the output lens and in the hole i have make and put this piece to avoid the zoom cilinder come back

and fix it with aluminum tape

5- remove the lamp UV filter, but i must to put another because i don´t want that the hot from the lamp come into this part

warning these are the changes that I made to my projector, does not mean it will work better (have to try it) I am not responsible if someone decides to follow in my footsteps

regards

Kvirre

Postby Kvirre » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:42 am

tessen

Postby tessen » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:17 am

Hi Kvirre
i have been thinking that the problem was the film, but the problem is that when the build platform down to touch the film, make a bubble of resin between the BP and the film, with this bubble it´s impossible the resin grip to the BP, i solved it using a small BP

thank for the link, i would like to test the 0.5mm baking silicone sheet, when i test it, i'll tell how it works

i've achieved print the make rook test but i have to play with the exposure time, this first attempt are really bad :D and you are right, with a big area it´s difficult

best regards

tessen

Postby tessen » Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:29 pm

the rook test