Full Video tutorial on building a topdown DLP printer

Here's the place to post pics / video and discussions regarding hardware you've built or are in the process of building.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
kakapoopie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Full Video tutorial on building a topdown DLP printer

Postby kakapoopie » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:20 pm

Hi guys, I've just released a 70 minute video tutorial covering the complete build of a topdown DLP printer. Total cost of parts is $180 aside from the Acer projector.

Here's the video preview:

Tutorial Link:

I've learned alot on this board and wanted to distill the info into a concise video to help newbies get started with their builds. Hope it helps!

Vaughan

Here's some of the resulting prints:
Prints.jpg

Leinad78

Re: Full Video tutorial on building a topdown DLP printer

Postby Leinad78 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:20 am

kakapoopie

Postby kakapoopie » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:23 pm

I'm sorry you feel that way. This is just another resource for beginners, I wish I had it starting out instead of spending months piecing the parts together from the web..

And it's 15 not 20..

fly_boy_bc

Postby fly_boy_bc » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:33 pm

I am with Leinad78...This is a place to SHARE information not to sell it.

Frankly I have only been researching this subject for two days and there is no way I need your video. I have almost no questions left! The information on this particular subject is ALL OVER the web and there are no fewer than 4 Instructables on how to build a DLP 3D printer!

I am NOT saying I already know it "all" but anything I have yet to learn (after two days) is mere refinement. I have all of the basic information already.

Any noobs that might be looking for a basic overview can just visit instructables.com and search for "DLP 3D Printer"

You will find enough information that you will not need anything else to build a decent if not professional DLP printer.

JohnGay

Postby JohnGay » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:00 am

I have to agree. This is supposed to be a forum for freely sharing information to build your own SLA printer.
If you want to monetize it, make a professional quality printer and sell it. Start a Kickstarter of Indigogo or even a Gofundme page to help you get started.
Trying to sell access to a video that is little more that many other videos freely available on the premise that you've 'earned' the right by doing what many, many others have done before you sound almost like phishing to me.

kakapoopie

Postby kakapoopie » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:51 pm

I've seen videos but of very specific sections of the process. This is over an hour long showing every step in detail, and it took quite a while to put it together. I'm really suprised to see this reaction honestly. I'm not forcing anyone to buy this but some will feel it's worth the cost of a movie ticket.

By the way I have already shared the process of my build on this forum, participated, given and received help to people on and off this board. So this is something extra that I did in my own time that I thought would be helpful. Have you never paid for a tutorial video before? If you really feel it should be free you can probably find it on torrent like alot of my other videos. You all are making me feel really unwelcome here.
Last edited by kakapoopie on Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

dangre

Postby dangre » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:32 pm

I don't see a problem with it. Maybe placing it in the Buy/Sell section would have been better. Nothing wrong with trying to make a couple bucks. If you don't want it, don't buy it. Some people don't mind paying a little to have things handed to them. I have paid for plans for some diy machines just to see how some of the details were worked out. I bought a diy SLA kit just because my day job (designing automated assembly equipment) takes too much time to research and fabricate all the details (as I sit here at work typing this reply :) ).
Dan - mUVe 1 DLP

fly_boy_bc

Postby fly_boy_bc » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:21 pm

Yes, placing it in the Buy/Sell section would have been better.