All in one

Here's the place to post pics / video and discussions regarding hardware you've built or are in the process of building.
dragokirov
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

All in one

Postby dragokirov » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:47 am

First ugly prototype
VAT with integrated Z axis with constant speed. I will rebuild it with stepper motor because there are some problems with the Z resolution and I will can use CW. Bottom-up

sodium
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: All in one

Postby sodium » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:46 am

:shock: :o im trying to decipher ... keep us informed ;)

dragokirov

Postby dragokirov » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:05 pm

Nothing complicated. My dream is to make the SLA printing accessible for everyone and to remove deficiencies. What does it mean? Low cost and high speed. I think I did it. The material was only the way to achieve this. I'm really sorry that the fep film does not work in this technology to be more accessible. Special thanks to Phife who made things possible and thank you that showed me some mistakes.
Drago

dragokirov

Postby dragokirov » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:31 am

First test of the new Z axis with stepper motor. Successful. :D

dragokirov

Postby dragokirov » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:47 am

My prototype is ready. The new Z axis works perfectly. In the video I test the speed of the peeling with continuous light from 20W 405nm diode. 0,1mm Z resolution. All this for less than $150

chill74

Postby chill74 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:52 pm

This is a very interesting design! Sometimes great genius lies in the simplicity of the solution.

android78

Postby android78 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:18 pm

Wow. That's an innovative design!
I wonder if it would be beneficial to have two of the non-captive steppers (one for each side of the platform). From the pictures, correct me if I'm wrong, it looks like you've flattened the lead screw so that its rotation can be restricted, which could cause additional wear on the machine. Having one actuator each side could allow for a square build platform, active tilt for separation and no need to flatten the lead screw (as the end would be held by the platform). The main disadvantage I see is that it requires an additional stepper motor and driver, adding an extra $40 or so to the design.
Please don't take my thoughts as criticism. This looks like a fantastic concept and I can see that, combined with dragokirov vat material, could be an amazing revolution in consumer 3d printing. If only we could get a custom UV DLP projector for cheap, we could be set for an amazing device for under $1k.

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:45 pm

sodium

Postby sodium » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:08 am

dragokirov

Postby dragokirov » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:12 am