$10 Top Down Build SLA. Testing for Bottom Up Build

Here's the place to post pics / video and discussions regarding hardware you've built or are in the process of building.
mystamo
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

$10 Top Down Build SLA. Testing for Bottom Up Build

Postby mystamo » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:39 am

Hey guys,

Just did some testing this weekend on my new printer that I put together. I wanted to quickly throw something together to see what SLA is all about and also to see if my projector works without any modification. Turns out it does :) ACER 5360 720P. I did have to remove the focus screw so that I could pull out the focus wheel more and focus on to my build plate. I still need to fine tune the focus. I'm using FTD Standard RED

How I print:

I don't have a Z axis Limits so I just set my build plate slightly above the resin surface with some resin poking out of my perf board holes. I then start my print.

8 Second Exposures on first 3 layers
2.5 Second Exposures on all other layers.

Printing at 0.05mm/Layer

Parts:

Arduino Uno $5 (Ebay) - Running HTL's Code. Super simple code. I made some slight modifications to it.
A4988 Stepper Driver $2(Ebay) - Soldered directly to the pins and shrunk tubed the whole thing. Added connectors so I can remove it easily. Running at 1/16 Micro Stepping
Glass Vat $2 (Dollerama) - Nice thick glass and its square. Perfect size for what I wanted to acomplish
DVD Drive Laser Rail $1 (Ebay) - Got 10 Broken DVD drives for $10 on ebay. Took it apart for just the rail.
12AWG wire and Perf Board which I had used for build plate.

Below are some pictures:

IMG_0197.JPG

Build Vat and Linear Drive - About 5CM Z

IMG_0203.JPG

Stepper controller with connectors

IMG_0205.JPG

Arduino With Connectors
Last edited by mystamo on Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mystamo
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: $10 Top Down Build SLA. Testing for Bottom Up Build

Postby mystamo » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:44 am

Untitled.jpg

Everything Connected Together

IMG_0184.JPG

My Setup with projector and Servo Shutter (I also had an old servo kicking around)

IMG_0208.JPG

Terminator Skull Printed. I used supports here that I had a hard time removing. Still learning how to use CW. Thanks for the software Steve.

JSmith172

Postby JSmith172 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:56 pm

very nice!

geri.Steirisch

Postby geri.Steirisch » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:44 am

This is very impressive! Well done. Now i know what i have to do with my arduino uno ;)

mystamo

Postby mystamo » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:21 pm

Thanks guys.

Here is a video of the printer in action.

Happy to answer any questions.

Mo

http://youtu.be/VyKztZ0-ITU

sgraber

Postby sgraber » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:33 pm

What is HCL's code that you refer to? Do you have a link?
Research Chemist

mystamo

Postby mystamo » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:51 pm

My Apologies It's HTL not HCL and he's a blogger which actually is a Sub to this forum as well. He is the gent that I got my FEP from for building my bottom up printer.

viewtopic.php?t=159

Regards,

Mo

mystamo

Postby mystamo » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:11 pm

New print from today..

IMG_0223.JPG

TTC Token for reference.

Mo

Guest2003

Postby Guest2003 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:31 pm

Hi mystamo,

Why you are switching to bottom-up ?

Your prints looks so pretty! Can you get larger prints too?

thanks!

mystamo

Postby mystamo » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:15 am

Hey!

Thanks for the comment. I quickly put this printer together to test out SLA in general and also to see if my sourced projector would work for curing resin without any modifications. As it turns out that it does I would like to scale up my printer and take advantage of the smaller resin requirements of bottom up. Also, this printer that I have made has a 50mmx37mmx40mm Envelope. I'm looking to scale that up to something a little more useful in my bottom up setup like 120mmx90mmx200mm

Currently I print floating on slat water.. But it's messy and I like to put my resin away easily after use.

Regards,

Mo