New LaserShark Based SLA Build

Here's the place to post pics / video and discussions regarding hardware you've built or are in the process of building.
Andycart
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: New LaserShark Based SLA Build

Postby Andycart » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:52 am

Thanks for the great info. This is the 'documentation' that came with my galvo. Lots of warnings about not adjusting the pots!

20141120_144608.jpg
20K Laser Galvo Instructions

cncbasher
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby cncbasher » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:19 am

thanks Andy , your pic just about bears out my sketchy list .. thanks ..
anyhow back to your problem. swap over just the driver boards and lets see what the answers give , it will denote the next step ..

as another test you could also just swap over the inputs from the lasershark , just in case your problems lasershark related
at this stage it's finding if it's a galvo or lasershark prob . and pinning it down

cncbasher

Postby cncbasher » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:28 am

attached is more more information general to 20k scanners
although it shows using the showcard , it does give a small insight to setting the card
Attachments
64d10d21a1.pdf
(1.18 MiB) Downloaded 1073 times

cncbasher

Postby cncbasher » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:34 pm

here is some more information on adjusting the 20k drivers , ive copy'd just about most of it to make sense i think .
it does say to use a ilda test pattern from lasershark . or will have to see about probable producing a test pattern as gcode for example .so it can be used from CW is my suggestion at the moment
any other ideas welcome . or if i have missed something shout up

to do a full reset this is the recommended procedure :
do not touch linearity this is factory set :

the multiturn pots are as follows:
Size, Servo-Gain, LF-Damping and HF-Damping and are adjusted counter clockwise to their left zero position.

then turn LFD 5 full turns clockwise to right.
Connect computer with ILDA test pattern, run it at approx. 20kpps.
Power on the amplifiers.
Slowly open the servo gain (clockwise). The mirror of the galvo should move now to its middle
position.

If correct , turn servo gain two turns clockwise.
Slowly increase the size until you see the galvo moving.
Increase servo gain until you see overshoots. Correct it with LFD.
Decrease undershoots by opening the HFD pot slightly clockwise. Remove gain/LFD
procedure and correct with HFD, until you the picture looks ok .

Carefully fine tune the driver. The better your fine tuning is, the faster is the scanspeed.
Increase speed of test patterns and readjust for optimized picture results.

hope this helps

danielm

Postby danielm » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:44 am

Hi Andy,
did you manage to solve the buzzing noise of your galvos? I have the same issue...
Thnx.
Daniel

dragokirov

Postby dragokirov » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:20 am

My build with adjustable mirror and adjustable distance.
Regards
Drago