DLP printer Build

Here's the place to post pics / video and discussions regarding hardware you've built or are in the process of building.
hp_
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: DLP printer Build

Postby hp_ » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:06 am

Hi FinHead,

what happend to the images? :)

cheers,
hp

hp_
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby hp_ » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:18 pm

Guys have a look here.. used some sketchup to make a new build arm for myself..

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j3puqnu3ecpmi ... e_V0.2.png

cheers,
hp

Finhead

Postby Finhead » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:58 pm

Sorry been off line for a few days I'll see what the deal is with the Images and see if I can correct that, sorry about that.

And nice sketchup, my bottom brace is 137mm wide BTW yours looks to be 120mm, just caught my eye. ;)

Clinton

AndersonTa

Postby AndersonTa » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:45 am

@AndersonHTa

Finhead

Postby Finhead » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:48 pm

Sorry again for not updating the pictures when they went down. The point is moot now regardless as I rebuilt to eliminate the mirror and could not be happier with the outcome. :) The small amount of space I sacrifice in height is a non issue since it has a little smaller footprint on the table it sits on and really there is no reason to not build up as it's open space anyway nothing can go on top of this kind of build. ;)
Also added a Flex bottom VAT with .0035" FEP film clamped and stretched in place to allow for very nice and easy peel. No need fro glass or polycarbonate just the FEP film as the bottom of the VAT.

@A2

Postby @A2 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:09 am

@Finhead:

I like the idea of eliminating the mirror, but "when" the 0.0035 inch FEP film breaks, the resin is going to pour onto your projector. Might you consider placing a very thin (0.015 inch) sheet of clear plastic under the FEP to prevent resin from leaking out?

EDIT:
I just read your other post, and I learned you've added some protection :P

I do like your idea of eliminating the mirror, tks for the idea :!:

@A2

Postby @A2 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:50 am

What is the distance from the bottom of the projector to the bottom of the vat. I'm going to see I have the room for it, tks.

I'm purchasing an Acer projector as well.

Finhead

Postby Finhead » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:09 am

android78

Postby android78 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:50 pm

Hi Finhead,

Do you have a good source for the FEP sheets? I checked and it seems places are selling it for about $100 for a 6" square, which seems pretty expensive. What sort of price is reasonable?

Finhead

Postby Finhead » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:56 pm