DLP printer Build

Here's the place to post pics / video and discussions regarding hardware you've built or are in the process of building.
Finhead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

DLP printer Build

Postby Finhead » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:56 pm

Finally had a few days to start working on my DLP printer build, it's going slow but it's working out really well so far.
It's built from mostly pieces and parts I had already, the aluminum extrusion was given to me about 10 years ago. The only things I've had to buy so far was the Delrin for the carriage wheels and the bearings for the same, Acme screw and nuts and the carriage bolts and nuts. Everything else I had on hand. Haven't dug out the electronics but II think I have everything and the Projector Acer H6510BD should be here end of the week.
It's based on Tristram's DIY instructables as I found it before this site and already started plans. :) There's obvious differences but I wanted my first build to fallow something well documented and I see works very well. I'm including other parts from builds I've looked through on the site since there are so many great different builds.
Few pics of how far I was able to get this weekend and quick mock up of what the basic shape should look like at the end. Don't mind the mess I have a ton of projects on the go and a single car garage to do them all in.

Clinton

johnrpm
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: DLP printer Build

Postby johnrpm » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:36 am

Looking good, now you have started please keep us informed.
Random Precision

Finhead

Postby Finhead » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:11 pm

Finhead

Postby Finhead » Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:38 pm

Feel like I'm talking to myself here, just a small update from last night late. CNC cut the base plate for the back/projector and the front/mirror mount. As well as cut out a mount for the Mega 2560 and spun out a delrin coupler for the Acme screw/motor. Going to see if I can mount everything tonight after work and then all that will be left is the Vat area.

Clinton

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:00 pm

Finhead

Postby Finhead » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:40 pm

Phife

Postby Phife » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:56 pm

Looking good! I see a CNC in the background there.. looks nice! its good to have some decent equipment when making new machines. I dunno where i'd be if I didnt have my own cnc.

Glad to see your progress! Keep it up!

hp_

Postby hp_ » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:48 am

Hi Finhead,

your project is looking really nice, with the small elevation between your z-axis and the projector,

this gives me some idea's how to tackly my project. I'm trying to build it to complex for example you are using 2 alu extrusions for the vat with no support at the end.. do you think this is sturdy enough?

Cheers,
hp

Finhead

Postby Finhead » Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:08 pm

Finhead

Postby Finhead » Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:12 pm