DLP printer Build

Here's the place to post pics / video and discussions regarding hardware you've built or are in the process of building.
Finhead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: DLP printer Build

Postby Finhead » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:57 am

Thanks for the comments guys.

Anderson which parts are you looking at? Most are not custom besides the build plate mount other than that it's all fairly simple pieces.

And one of the first prints that actually finished today. lol
First 3 didn't stick to the build plate at all so they just made a blob of resin at the bottom of my VAT. Fourth one printed but was very weak and thin, I had never used resin before so going by exposure times recommended by FTD. I had to triple the base and exposure time to get a decent print, so now I can start tweaking since I have a direction to fallow. :) 5th print. It's the mech piece that sits between the chin and faceplate on the Iron Man 3 helmet, printed at 50 microns.

Clinton

PomeroyB
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby PomeroyB » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:23 am

Beautiful! 50 microns is pretty impressive for a machine's 5th print!

Did you have to mod your projector at all?

Finhead

Postby Finhead » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:28 am

PomeroyB

Postby PomeroyB » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:43 am

Finhead

Postby Finhead » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:48 am

Thanks, I would have posted some of my other prints but they are all FFD or Shapeways (used to use them a year or so ago) prints so didn't think this was the place to post em. I don't post pics of my Ironman pieces but some of my Batman etc I have here on FB.

Clinton

James

Postby James » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:03 am

Thanks for the information on Dibond. I ordered some off Ebay. Can't wait to try it out! :D

I found on it. I like how it shows ways of making nice looking corners with it. :)
I prefer to know nothing about everything rather than everything about nothing. :)

hp_

Postby hp_ » Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:53 pm

finhead,

you just inspired me how to allign the buildplate with the vat floor.. its pretty cool how you just milled out a few slices :)

hp

Finhead

Postby Finhead » Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:22 pm

hp_

Postby hp_ » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:29 am

looks like the thickness of those aluminium pieces where you milled the slices out are.. ~3mm ?

i got a piece of 6mm thick.. but thats a bit to thick i think..
hp

James

Postby James » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:13 am

I prefer to know nothing about everything rather than everything about nothing. :)