New Project Build!

Here's the place to post pics / video and discussions regarding hardware you've built or are in the process of building.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
PacManFan
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

New Project Build!

Postby PacManFan » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:38 pm

Hey everyone, Thanks for making this such a great community. I've started a new project build. You can view some details about it here:

Basically, it's using a pico-projector mounted on an X/Y linear system. It will be able to expose tiled portions of a much larger image on a vat bottom at a resolution of 25microns X/Y. I've just started the build, but I'm making good progress.

Finhead

Re: New Project Build!

Postby Finhead » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:49 pm

Wow very cool, I was accumulating parts for a Muve printer before I happened across this forum and changed gears to build a DLP printer. So I have 6 meters of openbeam here as well as 6 stepper motors etc looks prime for a next build based on this. Can't wait to see your progress. :)

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:37 pm

The nice things about this design is that you could go either way. You can arbitrarily swap out the laser for a projector and re-configure the software.

Finhead

Postby Finhead » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:28 pm

That sounds like a fantastic solution. :) But if the DLP works well (And I'm sure you will make it so) I can't see wanting to mess with lasers since I'm sure it would be a little less accurate and far slower build times since it has to draw the layers.

watsonstudios

Postby watsonstudios » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:23 pm

Very Nice! Looking forward to see how well the tiling works and if you get lines where the tiles overlap. There's got to be just enough overlap to make sure the tiles are stuck together but not enough to see any lines. It will be cool to see. :)