SLA printer build

Here's the place to post pics / video and discussions regarding hardware you've built or are in the process of building.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
danielm
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

SLA printer build

Postby danielm » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:22 am

Hi, I wanted to design a 3D printer frame which could host hardware for SLA or SLS manufacturing process, could be completely enclosed if necessary and would allow easy switch between bottom-up and top-down. This is the result I constructed last year:

P1070563.JPG
The frame

Top section of the frame was equiped with Z-axis linear guides and ball spindles on both left and tight side. It is currently driven by single timing belt, however I am considering to drive both sides with dedicated steppers and perform peel action by independent movement of Z-right and Z-left.

IMG_20140307_081627.jpg
Top section of the frame

In the bottom section there is Lasershark-based "laser projector" mounted on an extrusion profile:

IMG_20140909_085737.jpg
Lasershark-based "laser projector"

Z-axis electronics is missing - I have Megatronics v3 prepared on my table.
Build platform is missing as well - it will be mounted on the extrusion connected to linear carriages.
I only have small VAT from Pryntech kit available at the moment: http://pryntech.com/?product=optically- ... crylic-vat
I will build larger VAT later.

What kind of VAT construcion and peeling mechanism would you recommend?

danielm

Re: SLA printer build

Postby danielm » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:58 am

An update after a long time - this is how the frame looks right now. In the bottom part you can see the projector with my own electronics driving the galvos and stepper.
SLx_frame.jpg
The frame

And this is one of first test objects - not very clean, but it works:
SLx_test_object_2a.jpg
Test object

SLx_test_object_2b.jpg
Test object

Next steps are experiments with VAT using Drago's sheet and improvements on the SW side.

dragokirov

Postby dragokirov » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:22 am

HI Daniel,
Good job! I have a question. Why you do not use a mirror to adjust the distortion and to save a space? I think it's better. I use an adjustable mirror and two sliders.

Drago

danielm

Postby danielm » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:04 am

Hi Drago, thank you.

Could you please elaborate more on how the mirror can be used to adjust distortion?

D.

dragokirov

Postby dragokirov » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:49 am

The adjustable mirror allows to tune the laser in correct angle of projection much easier. In this case It is not necessary to move and adjust the box or the galvo. And something else. You can put plano-convex lens on the bottom of your VAT for better accuracy.
Regards
Drago

jose

Postby jose » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:01 pm

Drago hello I am new to this and I'm starting with great enthusiasm the project of a 3d printer sla and I'm picking up the electronic and software needed for operation. I have seen on aliexpress and kit laser 200mw 405nm Blue Violet laser diode module 12 V Cc Ttl stage lighting, and Faster Shipping: laser 30 Kpps Galvo galvanometer based (including display card) is not whether ent serve you reference but it can be good the set for my future diy printerhttp://es.aliexpress.com/item/Ho ... 264.bXTEme