DLP/LASER 3D Printer Build - Top Down

Here's the place to post pics / video and discussions regarding hardware you've built or are in the process of building.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Wabbe
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

DLP/LASER 3D Printer Build - Top Down

Postby Wabbe » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:56 pm

Well... Here's my work in progress so far. Top down DLP portion is working like a charm. Looking forward to moving forward on the Lasershark portion soon.

I decided to go with a quick release to allow the printer to go from a DLP to Galvo/Laser configuration. Takes less then 5 minutes to switch.

Also created a desk/table off the main printer body for the laptop which has come in handy :) Next on the list is enclosing it and adding a hinged door on the front.

Laser/Galvo Setup

Adjustable Arm

Bill A

dangre

Re: DLP/LASER 3D Printer Build - Top Down

Postby dangre » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:51 am

Bill,
Where did you get the adjustable clamp/tube hardware?
Dan - mUVe 1 DLP

Kilh

Postby Kilh » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:00 pm

Looks like camera (DSLR) rig parts to me.

And that's a lovely build :)

Wabbe

Postby Wabbe » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:54 pm

Correct on the DSLR rig parts for the adjustable clamp/tube hardware. :)

Purchased it from here: http://www.ginirigs.net

Kvirre

Postby Kvirre » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:30 am

What would be the benefit of going for laser-version vs. DLP?
(except for the bulky size of the projector)

Wabbe

Postby Wabbe » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:35 pm

jennyxie

Postby jennyxie » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:49 am

wow. that is a lovely build, is that printed by the SLA? I found this technology is high-tech. I have printed my stuff before.