my top down build

Here's the place to post pics / video and discussions regarding hardware you've built or are in the process of building.
Jeoffrey
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

my top down build

Postby Jeoffrey » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:29 am

Here's my top down DLP printer.
It's still under progress.

first version.jpg
first version

This is the first version without wiper.
The wiper is actually needed because when the printed surface became too big, the resin was forming like a bubble.

Now I'm doing some tests with the wiper but it still needs some tweaks.
wiper version.jpg
second version with wiper

As Z stage I had a THK actuator in stock with a 10mm pitch.
The projector is an optoma HD230X
I'm using red resin from Funtodo

The actual vat is a plastic vat from the supermarket but I ordered a new bigger one in glass.
I will also add a system in the vat so the resin surface allways stays at the same height.

Sorry if my English is weak :roll:

Finhead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: my top down build

Postby Finhead » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:02 am

Looks like a very nice and clean build. I like the one arm wiper setup, do you have any videos of it in action?
Great job on the build. :)

Clinton

tom-res

Postby tom-res » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:08 pm

Very cool!
What kind of system are you planning on using to keep resin height constant?

Jeoffrey

Postby Jeoffrey » Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:33 am

Here's a video af the last version from this morning.
Thanks to Pacmanfan and the latest beta version of Creation Workshop the wiper only goes in one direction before each layer.

The following link was the version of yesterday. The wiper had to go back and forth before each layer.
Last edited by Jeoffrey on Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jeoffrey

Postby Jeoffrey » Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:36 am

To control a constant height for the resin surface I will try it like this :

vat.jpg

Leinad78

Postby Leinad78 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:17 am

auxiliary pump should work fine, i´ve came to that solution too.

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:22 am

kakapoopie

Postby kakapoopie » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:57 pm

Looks great! I just ordered some parts to start a top down dlp. Any prints pictures?

Also for keeping a constant level, would an upsidedown bottle/pet water feeder type setup work?

-Vaughan

Jeoffrey

Postby Jeoffrey » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:21 pm

Hello Vaughan,

I don't know if an upsidedown bottle will work because when the water comes in your vat, it's your resin that comes out. If more water flows in your vat than you have resin, it will not print anymore.
I also think it will be quite difficult to find the exact amount of water per minute that have to come in your vat.
I personally think the easyest way to have a constant high is to have a closed circuit with a pump.

I printed some more tests this week but forgot to take some pictures. I will add them next week.

kakapoopie

Postby kakapoopie » Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:15 pm

Oh no I meant to fill the upsidedown bottle with resin. It will automatically replenish the resin up to the level of the mouth opening so it should be just set it and forget it. Something like this: