my top down build

Here's the place to post pics / video and discussions regarding hardware you've built or are in the process of building.
Finhead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: my top down build

Postby Finhead » Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:49 pm

yonray
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby yonray » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:09 am

Hey Jeoffrey great setup. Have you ever had any problem with warping and bending with your top down setup? Any luck with the automatic level system for the resin?
I would love to see some more pics of your prints

Jeoffrey

Postby Jeoffrey » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:18 am

Hi yonray. About the warping, it can happen with my setup but it depends of the object you print.
I've had it on 2 prints. A bench and the Eiffel Tower.
For my constant level, I couldn't finish and test it yet because I have to find the right pump. Till now I tried with a pump from a car (front glass cleaner) but that doesn't work. The resin is too viscous.

For the pictures you will have to wait. I'm on holiday for 2 weeks.

yonray

Postby yonray » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:13 pm

Ok. I would really want to build a top down printer as well, but the warping issue, have me wondering if I should.
This is just an idea, what if the build plate was heated up to a certain temperature, like a submersible heat bed being installed on the build plate. Not sure if this would work, and how it might affect the resin. one thing for sure the resin might become less viscous, not sure if it will solve the warping issue.

Here is a low voltage pump, I think this could work: http://www.ebay.com/itm/201087635665?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

It's a Peristaltic Pump, I think Pacman used this to fill and empty his vat!

Let me know what you think!

Jeoffrey

Postby Jeoffrey » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:29 am

Thanks. I'll try that one. I will order it when I come back home.

golemid

Postby golemid » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:18 am

Hey Jeoffrey,
I found some useful information on old SLA 3DSystems printer, including explanation of re-coating system.
Hope you fine this interesting.
http://forums.reprap.org/read.php?255,148370,page=1
Best of luck to all of us and may The almighty save us from ourselves :)
Vlad