3D DLP printer greatly improved print quality with flex fep

Here's the place to post pics / video and discussions regarding hardware you've built or are in the process of building.
hp_
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: 3D DLP printer in concept stage

Postby hp_ » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:43 pm

Hi sszer,

it looks like your moving part will be the Vat is this correct?

Finhead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Finhead » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:33 pm

That looks interesting as HP said is the Vat the part that will move? If so is it to use the weight of the vat/resin to help with the peel.
Looks like it's coming along nicely.

johnrpm

Postby johnrpm » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:59 am

looks like the projector moves with the vat, to maintain focus.???
Random Precision

Szzer

Postby Szzer » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:16 am

The vat does not move. het object moves.
The linear guide I've made is a bit different from what is common. That causes the confusion i guess.
I'll post a clarifing picture when my stepper driver is working (again, i toasted the previous chip, ooops).

If the vat would move, the mass would have no effect on the release. Since the mass would be just a force acting on the object, The same as would be achieved by the stepper motor (it also acts a force, so no difference).

258cj7

Postby 258cj7 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:14 pm

Interesting Z axis design. Does the slide maintain stability at full extension? (When the two pairs of rollers are close to each other). It's probobly not an issue unless you plan on printing really tall things.

Szzer

Postby Szzer » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:07 pm

You're answering your own question.
Yes, the slider wil become less stable (not unstable!) when the rollers are close together, but that can pose a problem when the object reaches a hight of approx 20 cm, something i'm not planning to use often.

I used this design to get a linear guide that i could make myself and is cheap.

SIDRANA

Postby SIDRANA » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:43 pm

Greetings and Congratulation, Dear Szzar,

Thanks for posting, sharp photographs of your 3D printer. Will you please post some photos of your printers electronic boards and details on the controller's connection.

Best Regards

Sid Rana

Szzer

Postby Szzer » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:59 am

The electronics, is just an arduino with a stepper driver, pins for a servo, motor and end-switches. Nothing too complicated (although the switches are hooked up to a comparer circuit, something that is not strictly needed).

SIDRANA

Postby SIDRANA » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:59 pm

Hello Dear Szzer,

Thanks for your time, and reply. Are you using CW software, and how about the firmware.

Sincere Regards

szrana@mac.com

Finhead

Postby Finhead » Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:44 am