Mirror choice for DLP Printer

This is the place to discuss various hardware. Topic include:
- Display devices (Projectors, Lasers & etc..)
- Microcontrollers & RAMPs boards
- Power supplies
- Z-Axis and Tilt assemblies
- etc..
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Volacar0812
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Mirror choice for DLP Printer

Postby Volacar0812 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:35 pm

hey Guys,
planning of my DLP Printer is getting into the hot phase. minor adjustmemts and CNC cutting the parts is basically all that is left to do. to save space in the height, I decided to moumt the Projector Horizontally and redirect the light path to the VAT....
Now I stumbled across the first-\front- surface mirrors - but is there actually a need to prefer one of those over a regular one?

cooly

Re: Mirror choice for DLP Printer

Postby cooly » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:17 pm

First surface mirror is standard for scientific application unless you intentionally need to configure the optical path to have both the first and second surface reflections. If you use normal (second surface mirror) without anti-reflection coating on the first(front) surface, you'll lose the light intensity as well as you will have unwanted reflection patterns overlapped with original patterns.