Existential doubt

This is the place to discuss various hardware. Topic include:
- Display devices (Projectors, Lasers & etc..)
- Microcontrollers & RAMPs boards
- Power supplies
- Z-Axis and Tilt assemblies
- etc..
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
slokhay
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Existential doubt

Postby slokhay » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:44 am

Hi!
I'll try to be brief and clear, I write in Spanish and translate with Google.
First thank you for the work done TristramBudel I also opened my eyes, Steve Hernandez and EnvisionLabs people and people who collaborate in this forum
I'm a typical "apprentice of much and master of none" living in Barcelona, Spain.

I work in a company where we design and produce sets for museums, exhibitions ... Occasionally archaeological copies. This past year I buy a scanner SLS David 3D.
This unit allows me a resolution of 0.05 mm for a piece of 50mm or 0.5 for a 500mm (intermediate measures proportionately).
Once the pieces prepared (soft) took them to print a company by SLS (sintering).
These resolutions of scan on large pieces are not always sufficient. And when I had a sculpture 1300mm scan I had to find a solution.
I make a big "Dolly "Photography and mount him some guidelines and a carriage with manual movement of the team.
The company that sold me the scanner also distributed in Spain the Envisiontec printers an i see this device for first time. Then I met the FDM printers and first dreams of SLA until I met TristramBudel page.Thank You!!!
I thought I need the machine would have to be at least 200x100 of floor space and quick thought about moving the projector to maintain good resolution as I did the scanner.
But here the problems begin.
  From what I'm reading here there are many problems to release such a large surface. The building design from the bottom up I do not like for problems of mismatches when moving the machine,
surface tension, accidental bumps while printing, large amounts of resin .... but I'm beginning to think that is the only solution for large designs.
All these issues understand that the more severe the damage is superficial tension/viscosity . I live in Barcelona city and the people of Spot-A are here. First I have to set up the equipment and then disturb this people.
I want to test the temperature rise of the resin. Ultrasound?. Mechanical movement or low frequencies?
What think?

At the moment I'm still finishing the design of a structure that allows me to spend quick change of building up bottom and bottom up. I will work with Igus bearing materials and guides and trapezoidal thread for movement.
The tank bottom want to experiment with very thin "Plexiglas" with some treatment and elastic fixing Edge.

Now I do not have much free time (nor a lot of money) Supertramp Crisis? What crisis? but I hope to start the project soon.
Greetings to all and I hope to discuss things soon

seasicksinbad

Re: Existential doubt

Postby seasicksinbad » Sun May 25, 2014 12:35 pm

Hello slokhay,
I've had better and more consistent 3D scanning results with Agisoft Photoscan than with David. You only need a good SLR Digital camera and a subject.
Just a thought...
Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.