How I removed my DLP color wheel and destroyed the projector - A sad but perhaps informative tale

This is the place to discuss various hardware. Topic include:
- Display devices (Projectors, Lasers & etc..)
- Microcontrollers & RAMPs boards
- Power supplies
- Z-Axis and Tilt assemblies
- etc..
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
PuffPed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

How I removed my DLP color wheel and destroyed the projector - A sad but perhaps informative tale

Postby PuffPed » Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:27 pm

https://lazygeckoblog.wordpress.com/201 ... projector/

TL;DR: I removed the color wheel, but also accidentally re-installed the cooling fan in reverse. The first lens in the optical path melts and explodes. I don't know if it's because of the reversed fan, the lack of a color wheel to block heat, or both.

What do you think?

ryanbahr

Re: How I removed my DLP color wheel and destroyed the projector - A sad but perhaps informative tale

Postby ryanbahr » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:14 am

I'd have to argue that it is completely the backwards fan. The good news is that if you buy a broken projector of the same model that has the part that broke you should be able to get a working DLP projector again.