Is a shutter necessary?

This is the place to discuss various hardware. Topic include:
- Display devices (Projectors, Lasers & etc..)
- Microcontrollers & RAMPs boards
- Power supplies
- Z-Axis and Tilt assemblies
- etc..
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Robinet
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Is a shutter necessary?

Postby Robinet » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:09 pm

First of all, hello!
I hope this is the right sub forum for this question. I'm in the middle of building my own DLP printer. I have most of the electronics running and in the process of building my belt driven slider at the moment.
It just hit me while watching some of your builds that most make use of a shutter. So I was wondering is it necessary to use one? I thought I'd rather ask and build one now rather than after assembly noticing I'm in need of one.
I searched around the forums a bit but couldn't find an definitive answer to the question.

EDIT: I could clarify I'm running Mega2560 with RAMPS 1.4 using CW, I haven't had too much time to play around with CW if there perhaps would be some settings for this?