DLP Printer + Raspberry Pi

This is the place to discuss various hardware. Topic include:
- Display devices (Projectors, Lasers & etc..)
- Microcontrollers & RAMPs boards
- Power supplies
- Z-Axis and Tilt assemblies
- etc..
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
zoom

DLP Printer + Raspberry Pi

Postby zoom » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:01 am

Hello,
i'd like to try to command my DLP printer with an Arduino/Ramps + Raspberry Pi model B
Currently i'm using an Arduino Mega 2560 and an ACER H6510BD projector...so i need to connect to the printer an usb cable, an HDMI cable and a serial cable to send command to the projector.

WHAT I THINK TO KNOW:
I know that i have to install the firmware on the Arduino/Ramps and that i have to connect the usb on Arduino with on of the usb on Raspberry Pi.
I know that i have to install Raspbian wheezy and Creation Worksshop Host.
I know that i have to connect the projector via HDMI to the Raspberry Pi.

WHAT I DON'T KNOW:
How to connect serial cable to command (on/off) the projector.
How to connect the projector to the Raspberry Pi. Connecting via HDMI to the Raspberry Pi?....Creation Workshop Host run the images automatically?

Thank you

Francesco

Panther37
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: DLP Printer + Raspberry Pi

Postby Panther37 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:53 am

I feel like we are in the same place in our build. I'll let you know anything I find out.

lasersafe1

Postby lasersafe1 » Wed May 25, 2016 10:19 pm

Make that three of us, except I haven't started my build but I'm gathering parts.

1. Just scored a Sharp XR-30X DLP projector for $40 on Craigslist! Needs a bulb. ($55) I may dig into the electronics and see about bypassing the bulb sensor and use a 20W UV LED with mirrored reflector. Ebay has the reflectors specifically for the 10W form factor LED.

Has anybody ever found any data on the watts of UV that come from a projectors 250W bulb? I'm wondering if 10 or 20W from a UV LED is actually less than the mercury bulb produces.

2. 1 x Adafruit Raspberry Pi B+ / Pi 2 / Pi 3 Case - Smoke Base (w/ Clear Top)
[ID:2258] = $7.95
1 x Raspberry Pi 3 - Model B - ARMv8 with 1G RAM[ID:3055] = $39.95
1 x 5V 2.4A Switching Power Supply w/ 20AWG 6' MicroUSB Cable[ID:1995] =
$7.95 (All from Adafruit.com)

3. 1 x 3D Printer 1pcs Mega 2560 R3 and 1pcs RAMPS 1.4 control panel and 5pcs
DRV8825 Stepper Motor Drive Carrier Reprap (WER-U-0065) = US$24.30 (from Wercan.com)

All the information you need to load the arduino and make connections is available at mUVe3d.net

And at nanodlp.com

I haven't quite figured out what the advantage of using the arduino and Ramps board is, since the nanodlp can provide the step and direction bits for all of your steppers. And it drives the shutter.

The nanodlp puts out the images to the projector over its HDMI port. If your printer doesn't have HDMI, you can use an HDMI to DVI adapter cable.

John

dangre

Postby dangre » Tue May 31, 2016 3:55 pm

The mUVe uses two independent z-axis motors to allow 'tilting' the vat hence the need for the arduino (for now).
Dan - mUVe 1 DLP