Ramps1.4 Problems Motor.. Solved..In Part....

This is the place to discuss various hardware. Topic include:
- Display devices (Projectors, Lasers & etc..)
- Microcontrollers & RAMPs boards
- Power supplies
- Z-Axis and Tilt assemblies
- etc..
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
zumpitu
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Ramps1.4 Problems Motor.. Solved..In Part....

Postby zumpitu » Sat May 09, 2015 4:37 am

Hi All !

I want to report a little frustrating experience I had with my ramps... at some point the stepper motor was not working anymore properly, like they had no enough torque...some noise and little random movement .

So i tried ne stepper driver , recable ecc... no result, but then I accidentally pressed the button reset and.. Yhee ! Now they work again !!

So if you have this kind of problem, just press reset ( on the side of the RAMPS) reconnect and go

But I still have this problem quite a lot, usually happen on the end of a print...:( Somebody know why this can happen ??

Ciao !

nc42
Site Admin

Re: Ramps1.4 Problems Motor.. Solved..In Part....

Postby nc42 » Sat May 09, 2015 8:18 pm

Sounds like an over heating stepper driver. Do you have the heat sinks on and good air flow?

zumpitu

Re: Ramps1.4 Problems Motor.. Solved..In Part....

Postby zumpitu » Mon May 11, 2015 7:22 am

Hi nc42 !

I actually have only the standard little sink, but I use a Nema 23 maybe could be a over heating I will put a fan over to check