Suitable glue (that's not dissolved by resin)

This is the place to discuss various hardware. Topic include:
- Display devices (Projectors, Lasers & etc..)
- Microcontrollers & RAMPs boards
- Power supplies
- Z-Axis and Tilt assemblies
- etc..
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Kvirre
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Suitable glue (that's not dissolved by resin)

Postby Kvirre » Mon May 04, 2015 3:35 am

Hi,

I am currently using a peristaltic pump to control my resin-level in my VAT.
The pumps tube is connected to rubber hose.

It seems like the fitting between the two is not 100 % sealed, and I would like to glue those together.
I tried "superglue" but it seemed to dissolve and and once again made a mess on my floor.

Is there some kind of putty or glue you know of to make a long lasting seal for my pump connection?

Regards

android78

Re: Suitable glue (that's not dissolved by resin)

Postby android78 » Mon May 04, 2015 5:53 am

I would think silicon would be best.

Kvirre

Postby Kvirre » Tue May 05, 2015 4:36 am

BMMal

Postby BMMal » Wed May 06, 2015 9:03 am

Silicone adhesives will work. I had used silicone to build some all glass vats. With those I did see that some component of the resin is able to permeate through the silicone though resulting in an oily residue on the outer surface of the silicone. A 2 part epoxy or maybe a PMMA (poly methyl methacrylate) adhesive would be even better, especially one intended for bonding thermoplastics.