Can I use a Sony VPL PX11 projector?

This is the place to discuss various hardware. Topic include:
- Display devices (Projectors, Lasers & etc..)
- Microcontrollers & RAMPs boards
- Power supplies
- Z-Axis and Tilt assemblies
- etc..
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
bonzoshields
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Can I use a Sony VPL PX11 projector?

Postby bonzoshields » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:29 am

I'm new to sla printing and I'm building my first one ever. I've been building filament printers from some time now and decided to venture in this side of the industry. Just trying to currently pick out a good projector to use. All help and advice is appreciated

Cation

Re: Can I use a Sony VPL PX11 projector?

Postby Cation » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:16 pm

http://www.projectorcentral.com/Sony-VPL-PX11.htm

0.9" 3 LCD
Native Resolution: 1024x768
Brightness: 2,000 Lumens

You can use it with resins that are sensitive in the 460nm (Blue) range using the mercury lamp provided or if you are handy enough replaced with a 10-100W 460nm LED for use through the Blue LCD.

Most resins are only sensitive from UV up to ~420nm (UV-Violet). You will need to use resins that cure with Blue light.