uv led

This is the place to discuss various hardware. Topic include:
- Display devices (Projectors, Lasers & etc..)
- Microcontrollers & RAMPs boards
- Power supplies
- Z-Axis and Tilt assemblies
- etc..
Glacian22
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: uv led

Postby Glacian22 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:44 pm

I'm certainly not an expert in the field, so don't take anything I say as gospel. I'm having trouble finding the original piece I read about it, but I did find this: http://focus.ti.com/download/dlpdmd/2503686.pdf. There's one relevant line, "Note 2: UV-optimized DMDs must be carefully controlled in terms of manufacturing process and illumination power spectral content. Usage below 350nm will rapidly degrade lifetime."

So there may be more leeway than I thought, as long as you don't get to close to 350nm?

PacManFan
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby PacManFan » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:15 pm

James

Postby James » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:27 am

Very interesting, thanks guys.

I still haven't had a chance to do any resin curing tests on my conversion, but I'm now thinking it's good that I have a 400 nm in there. I first tried 365 nm and couldn't get that to transmit through the system. My next try was 400 nm and that transmitted very well, but I had thought about trying other frequencies between 365 and 400 to see what I could get away with. So now, in light of this discussion, I think I'll just stick with the 400 nm.
I prefer to know nothing about everything rather than everything about nothing. :)

gillou35

Postby gillou35 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:48 am

Hi PacManFan,
Hi James,

rapidly, I let you a link about DMD in UV applications :

other stuff :

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:35 am