Blocking 406nm laser

This is the place to discuss various hardware. Topic include:
- Display devices (Projectors, Lasers & etc..)
- Microcontrollers & RAMPs boards
- Power supplies
- Z-Axis and Tilt assemblies
- etc..
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
heyarn
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Blocking 406nm laser

Postby heyarn » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:19 pm

Hi Folks,

I heard that we can just get some green translucent acrylic to block the UV. I'm thinking of ordering some 6mm acrylic, then bending it, but have no clue as to whether or not this is true, and if it is, what tint of green I should use. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Phife

Re: Blocking 406nm laser

Postby Phife » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:56 pm

Not Green, you want orange (amber) or red. Look for Acrylic color #2422 (Amber Translucent) 3mm is plenty and easier to work with.

heyarn

Postby heyarn » Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:02 pm

Weird, because I bought protective laser glasses from aliexpress for specifically 405nm.. it was green.. was I tricked?

heyarn

Postby heyarn » Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:52 pm

would 3mm thickness suffice? Or should I go with 6mm?

Thanks!

Phife

Postby Phife » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:01 pm