Newbie here - need some overview info.

This is the place to discuss various hardware. Topic include:
- Display devices (Projectors, Lasers & etc..)
- Microcontrollers & RAMPs boards
- Power supplies
- Z-Axis and Tilt assemblies
- etc..
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Steve Baker
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Newbie here - need some overview info.

Postby Steve Baker » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:33 am

I'm a newbie at this style of 3D printing - although I have a ton of experience with laser cutters, CNC machiens and deposition 3D printing.

I need to get up to speed on this stuff - but I'm a quick learner.

I have really basic questions:

* Firstly, is there someplace that summarizes the state of the art in SLA's?
* What are the pro's and con's of bottom-up versus top-down?
* What are the issues with peeling in bottom-up machines? How are they solved?
* What support structures are required for overhanging parts?
* What are the key differences between the different kinds of liquid polymer?
* How much of the time it takes to fabricate a layer is attributable to the peeling, how much to the plastic curing, how much to other causes?

Thanks in advance...

-- Steve