Peachy Printer Style Vat

This is the place to discuss various hardware. Topic include:
- Display devices (Projectors, Lasers & etc..)
- Microcontrollers & RAMPs boards
- Power supplies
- Z-Axis and Tilt assemblies
- etc..
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
heyarn
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Peachy Printer Style Vat

Postby heyarn » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:34 pm

Hi everyone,

I’m trying to build a peachy printer style vat, wherein resin floats on water, laser shoots from above, more water is added in increase z-level, and then laser shoots again. Only problem is that the maker juice that I bought doesn’t float..

What can I do to make it float? What polar liquids do you guys know of are heavier than the resin (and almost as cheap?) Is there something that I can add to the water to make it heavier?

:)

Scatterplot

Re: Peachy Printer Style Vat

Postby Scatterplot » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:04 pm

Search around for people using salt water. I think it's (somewhat) common.

Phife

Postby Phife » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:07 pm

They dont use plain water, I believe they use salt water. I know there is a resin replacement fluid available from some guy on here. Have a look in the resin forum.

As for the peachy vat, why would you want to do this? it results in poor looking prints and its difficult to get the water flow correct. IMO it really isnt a good way to go.

Is this just for fun, why did you decide to go with that vat method?

heyarn

Postby heyarn » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:28 pm

I want a top down build without having to put 16 liters of resin in the vat for a 5x5 build. I was still going to use a z gantry to lower the build plate, but just didn't want to fill up the whole thing with resin :) That shouldn't affect the res right? (since im still using a legit z gantry?)

thanks again for your responses :)

Scatterplot

Postby Scatterplot » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:45 pm

Yeah you're definitely looking for salt water or this: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2607

Phife

Postby Phife » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:18 pm

Ok, then yes.. Your first post you said you were going to use the water to increase your Z level and I was just saying that its not accurate enough for good quality. If youre still using a Z to lower the build plate then you should be fine. dont bother dripping anything as you'll just disturb the surface of the resin causing you problems.

Its no problem to use a denser fluid under the resin so you dont have to use expensive resin to fill up the entire vat.