calculate the projector distance in relation to the tank

This is the place to discuss various hardware. Topic include:
- Display devices (Projectors, Lasers & etc..)
- Microcontrollers & RAMPs boards
- Power supplies
- Z-Axis and Tilt assemblies
- etc..
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
PacManFan
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: calculate the projector distance in relation to the tank

Postby PacManFan » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:34 am

You'll need to measure the projected size of the image onto the surface of the vat bottom (or top of resin if it's a top-down). Then, you can enter those numbers into the machine profile and Creation Workshop will calcualte the rest for you based on the projector pixel size.
-Steve

dangre

Postby dangre » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:04 pm

Along with what Steve mentions, the distance from your projector to build surface depends on the throw of your chosen projector and if you have any additional optics added. CW has a nice calibration feature.
Last edited by dangre on Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dan - mUVe 1 DLP

Yogi2010

Postby Yogi2010 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:39 am

You'll need to measure the projected size of the image onto the surface of the vat bottom (or top of resin if it's a top-down). Then, you can enter those numbers into the machine profile and Creation Workshop will calcualte the rest for you based on the projector pixel size.
-Steve[/quote]

hey pacmanfan, how to measure the projected image size on vat bottom ? is it by ruler or anything else? & where to enter these numbers ?

akhilsnair

Postby akhilsnair » Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:36 am

I think that would be here
Attachments
Untitled.png

Yogi2010

Postby Yogi2010 » Tue May 17, 2016 5:02 am

3DPiper

Postby 3DPiper » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:13 pm

Could somebody help a little more with this, I know I am late to the thread.
I have an Acer H6510BD (uv shield and color wheel removed). It's native resolution is 1920x1080.
If I want a 100micron XY print, I divide by 100 (one pixel per micron) and get 192x108mm.
When I put that in the Build Size (as seen in the pic attached above) and then hit 'calibrate' I get a grid from the projector.
I have printed a grid in centimeters (I checked with a ruler to make sure there was no scaling) on a piece of paper.
I put the projector zoom in the center and adjust it's distance from the paper until the projector grid lines up with the paper grid.
This puts the projector about 8" away. Does this sound correct?

I'm not sure how to make a higher resolution print, though.
If I want to make the print twice the resolution (50micron, 96x54mm), do I put the projector closer? Then scale the model up 200% to compensate?